If you are an ardent streamer of Kodi then you may have accessed it on various devices like Firestick, Chromecast, and either android boxes, right? But many users have come up with a question that “Can Kodi be installed on Roku?” If yes then “How to install Kodi on Roku?” Raise your hands if this question also tickled you. So if you are one of them, then this post is for you. Follow this quick tutorial in order to know how to install it and get your hands on Kodi on your favorite platform of Roku.
Roku is an amazing digital media player set-up box that allows streaming your favorite content directly on your screens. It is an interactive and efficient way to entertain yourself without spending any penny. All that you need is the Roku streaming stick and a TV set that must have active internet connectivity. Roku is in great demand and always leads the charts whenever we search for popular alternatives to Firestick. Roku smartly converts your traditional TV to a smart device where you can stream any 4k videos, amazing, right?
So many want to know that – Does Kodi work on Roku?
Well, the answer is NO !! Kodi is not compatible with Roku natively. But there is no point of disappointment, as you can still access Kodi stuff on your Roku device. Want to know, how? For that, you need to follow some simple steps, lets quickly jump into that without wasting your time :
What do You Need to Use Kodi on Roku?
- Kodi that is running on your Android or Windows.
- A Roku streaming player or Roku TV should have the feature of screen mirroring.
Method #1: Screen-Mirroring of Kodi to Roku From Android Phones & Tablets
- Initially, download and install Kodi on your smartphones or tabs.
- Go to your android launcher and move to the screen mirroring option.
- You can go to the settings tab to enable the screen mirroring option.
- If you are not able to find that directly then look for either Cast,’ ‘Connection,’ ‘Network,’ or ‘Display.’
- After finding Cast or screen mirroring option, tap on it to enable it.
- After few moments, The Roku player will appear on the list and pick it.
- After this, one thing worth noting here is that – You have to approve the connection. for this, Select ‘Always accept.’ That’s it! Easy, right?
Method #2: Screen-Mirror Kodi to Roku From Windows 10 Computers
If you are accessing Roku on Windows PC or Laptop, then also you can cast Kodi. Follow the step by step instructions given below :
- Initially install Kodi on your device.
- Go to the Start menu of your device.
- Move to the settings tab and click on the devices option.
- On the top left side, search for “connected devices”.
- Tap on the “Add a device” option from the man menu.
- You will find Roku in available sources and select it.
Many times, the above-mentioned method doesn’t work on Windows. What to do then? Don’t overthink, try its alternative then –
- Go to settings from the Start menu.
- Head towards the Devices tab and select Bluetooth & Other Devices option.
- Now hit enter on Add Bluetooth or other device‘ button.
- Now Your system will start scanning for available devices.
- Once it starts working properly, Your Roku will appear, and screen mirroring will start working.
Method #3: Screen-Mirror Kodi to Roku From macOS, iOS & iPadOS Devices
Whether you are using Mac, iPhone, iPad, Casting is still available for your Roku. But this is not available for all but is restricted to a few of its services like –
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Streambar
- Roku Smart Soundbar
- Roku Streaming Stick+
- Roku Premiere
- Select 4K Roku TVs
How to screen-cast Kodi to a Roku device using an iPhone (iOS) or iPad (iPadOS)?
- Initially install Kodi on your iPhone.
- Go to the Control Center of your iPhone or iPad this will be available in the top-right corner.
- Select the ‘Screen Mirroring‘ option and then pick Roku.
- Wait for few minutes as code will come to you on your TV screen. Type that code on your gadget.
- Now launch Kodi and begin mirroring its amazing content to your Roku. Simple, right?
How to use Kodi on a Mac computer using AirPlay?
Moreover, you can also take the help of AirPlay on your Mac Computer to access Kodi on Roku by following the steps given below :
- Firstly, Install Kodi on your Mac.
- Look for the Control center on your device.
- Pick Screen Mirroring option from it.
- After this select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
- Your Mac screen will now become active.
Now you must be thinking that what is the benefit of installing Kodi on Roku, right? Or is it worth putting in so many efforts? Well, the answer is – YES !! There are many reasons that prove that this is the most efficient way of streaming, want to know, How? Then check out its benefits below :
Why Should You Install Kodi on Roku?
- It is a great open-source software and is free of cost completely.
- Gives access to a broad array of popular stuff of different genres.
- Customization features are also available which means you can customize your Kodi app with your own playlist and add-ons.
- Get a larger-than-life experience on big screens after installing Kodi on Roku.
Stay Tuned for more such updates !!