As we all know, The Oculus Quest 2 is one of the most loved and anticipated all-in-one VR systems among gamers. Now, Oculus Quest 2 has also offered its services for the most popular game Roblox too. Roblox is one of the most promising games where you can customize the theme, characters as per your own choice. So with Oculus Quest 2, this experience will be more happening one, Isn’t it? So check out all details about How to play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2 below, you ardent gamers !!
How to play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2?
Make sure about one thing that you own a gaming PC first so that it can be compatible with VR. For this, you will need an Oculus Link cable too to set up the connection. After ensuring all these things, now proceed to follow these simple steps in order to play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2.
- Initially get the Oculus app on your PC.
- If you don’t have it, download it.
- After downloading it, install it quickly.
- Now, head to the Oculus app and launch it.
- Turn on your Oculus Quest 2 headset.
- Before this, ensure that you have activated Unknown Sources on the app.
- Now attach your headset to the PC via cable.
- It will ask you to allow access to data, here it is up to you you can accept or deny it all.
- Now it will ask you whether you want to enable the Oculus link, enable it quickly.
- After doing these simple steps, now you can start your Roblox game on it.
- Take care of another few things afterward:
- Don’t forget to turn on or enable VR by visiting the settings menu.
- After enabling VR mode, you can exit the game and start new games in VR.
Many gamers feel that Roblox VR support for the Oculus Quest 2 is quite tough. It is quite different from the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and Valve Index, As the Quest 2 is a standalone device out of the box. Now you must be wondering that is there any way to play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2 without a PC, right? Don’t you worry readers, if you have nodded your head in yes, then Congratulations, destiny has brought you to the right place? Just read and scroll below, and you will have your all answers right away on your screen.
Can you play Roblox VR on Oculus Quest 2 without a PC?
As told earlier, Oculus Quest 2 is a standalone device and it gives you access to the Oculus store. So here what gamers think that Roblox VR must be available. But unfortunately – It is not !! Since the makers of the app have not yet come up with a native app for the Oculus Quest 2. So that simply means that the only efficient and working method to play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2 is via a headset that is connected to a PC.
Moreover, it is not difficult to connect Oculus Quest 2 with a PC. For this, you just have to use the Oculus link feature with a USB-C cord and USB-B cord.
But there is no need of getting upset here. While seeing the surging popularity of it, the days are not far, when this will be possible soon. As devs have also started working in this direction. So it is quite possible that devs will release a native app for the same.
Nevertheless, compatibility has never been an issue for the systems with the game Roblox.
What to do if You Can’t Play Roblox in VR Mode?
If you have performed the steps mentioned above and it is still not working, then readers, don’t fret over it. As we understand your frustration, so if this is the case with you, just follow these steps mentioned below to help you out.
Here some of the obvious reasons could be –
- The world doesn’t support VR: As many Roblox games do not support VR. So this may be an issue with you if it is not functioning well. How to check it? For this – Go to the settings tab and check if there is a VR option, if it is not, that simply proves the fact. So try it for some other Roblox game.
- You are using an old or beta version of Roblox: It may be the chance that you are accessing some older version of Roblox or the beta version of it. Then also VR doesn’t work. So try to uninstall the app of Roblox first and then reinstall it from Roblox’s official website.
- You may require Steam VR: If it is still not working, then you can try on Quest with Steam VR. For this, you have to connect your Oculus Quest or Quest 2 with your PC and have to launch Steam VR. Now, after the launching of Steam VR, start your Roblox game and you will see magic- didn’t get it? As it will automatically open on your Quest in VR mode.
Final Words :
Hey readers, This is all that we have about “How to play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2“. The methods mentioned above here are tried and tested methods. So I hope, they would work out for you. Try these and do let us know in the comment section – which method did wonder for you !!