Spotify is popular digital music, podcast, and video streaming service that gives you access to millions of songs and other content from artists all over the world. It offers both free and paid services and here you can access more than 30 million songs online. But Spotify is not the only service that is giving you the opportunity to access music for free but many rivals of it are already on market and are performing well. So if you have switched to any one of its rivals, and you no longer find it useful then most probably you need to know How to Delete Spotify Account Permanently, right?
So whatever the reason you have to delete Spotify, we are here to help you out. Just go through this post and discover here all working ways to delete a Spotify account permanently.
How to Cancel Your Spotify Subscription?
Well initially in order to remove Spotify or deleting an account from Spotify, you first have to cancel your all-paid subscription. Well, this is not as simple as it appears. But not impossible also. Since the cancellation of a Spotify account is not a big matter, but one thing you should know before is that if you have taken the subscription via iTunes then the steps of canceling it will differ from the process if you have used their Google Play subscription or another service. So you must know that where you have paid for the service and then you can cancel it accordingly.
How to Delete Spotify Account Permanently
Spotify is compatible with all devices like Windows, Mac, the iPhone or iPad, and Android devices. The Premium option comes at $9.99 per month but it is completely worth it as it gives you a whole bundle of music and ringtones across a variety of platforms. In case you don’t want its premium collection then you can also go with its free option as well. As freebie lets, you provide the opportunity to get your favorite songs or tunes without spending any penny.
Before proceeding to remove your Spotify account, keep below things in mind so that you will not be regretted later on –
- Your username will be lost as soon as you remove your Spotify account.
- The music that you have downloaded or have invested so much time in that will also be lost with its removal.
- The playlists you have created on it will also get lost.
- All your followers that you have earned through it will be lost.
- Moreover, if you are accessing it as a student discount, then it will not be possible for you to transfer it to another account later on until the end of 1 year from the time you signed up.
- Nevertheless, If you’re a Spotify Premium user, you have to cancel your Spotify subscription before deleting your account.
How to Cancel Your Premium Subscription on Spotify
Today music companies have great competition among them. There are a variety of options for the streamers to pick. And if somehow you have picked Spotify’s free trial and have reached its end and you don’t want to continue its premium subscription. Then go through it :
Note: Cancelation of Spotify Premium subscription cannot be performed via mobile app. For this, you have to go to Spotify’s website and sign in with your credentials. Just follow these steps:
- Initially go to the official site of Spotify – Spotify.com.
- Then put your credentials of Spotify account to sign in.
- And click on the Sign-in button.
- After signing in, go to the right side on the top corner, here you will see your name.
- Click on your name here.
- Now move to the account section and a drop-down menu will pop up.
- Then go to the membership option from the left menu.
- Then tap on Change or Cancel button.
- Now you finally click on the “Cancel Premium.” tab.
- Then finally confirm the cancelation by clicking on yes, I am sure.
How to Delete a Spotify Account?
After canceling your Spotify subscription, you have to follow these quick steps to delete your Spotify account permanently.
- Go to your computer browser and type in “https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/” in the search bar.
- Finally, tap on the Login button.
- Then quickly sign in with your user id and password into it.
- Then go to the account option.
- And click on close my Spotify account permanently.
- Confirm the cancellation by clicking close account.
- It will ask you again to ensure your decision.
- Click on yes and continue.
- And it will be done, simple, right?
Final Words :
This is all about ” How to cancel Spotify subscription permanently?”. I hope you would found it informative. If it is so, then share it maximum with your near and dear ones too. Try out these methods to cancel a Spotify subscription and do let us know in the comment section which method worked for you.
Thanks for reading 🙂